Iowa City Resources
These are some resources useful for those in the Iowa City area engaged in public interest work.
- City Channel 4. Citychannel4.com is a website of the City of Iowa City. [View]
- Daily Iowan. The Daily Iowan is news outlet maintained by the University of Iowa. [View]
- Gazette. The Gazette is a good local paper for area news and more. [View]
- Iowa City Public Library. The public library is a great place to get local information and there are also meeting rooms and other resources. [View]
- KICI - 105.3 FM. KICI is a low-power FM community radio station with local programming. [View]
- Kirkwood Community College. At Kirkwood you can get training in a wide variety of technical areas. [View]
- Little Village. Little Village provides exceptional local news coverage and details about local events. [View]
- University of Iowa. The University of Iowa is an excellent source for many services, resources, and resources open to the public. If you become a part-time student for as little as $1,000 per semester, you can have greater access to campus resources and qualify for discounts on services. [Main Website | Tuition Rates]
- WSUI - 910 AM. WSUI is an Iowa City public radio station run by the University of Iowa. [View]
Save Time and Money
Those working in public interest typically fund their efforts with personal income. Also, time spent on community outreach means less time working to earn money. So, some of the links below are to help people save time and/or money.
- Goodwill Reboot. The Goodwill Reboot store has used laptop and desktop computers available with pricing typically between $100 and $200. Other tech and electronics supplies are also available. [View]
- ICPL - Digital Access. Save hundreds of dollars by using the Iowa City Public Library Digital Access page. You'll get free access to the New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, LinkedIn Learning, and more. [View]
- Public Transit. Iowa City has a great public transit system. With a transit pass, you can get to many destinations in the area. Also available is the Coralville public transit system and the free University of Iowa bus system. Transit is also available to and from Cedar Rapids. [View]